Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Circus Elephant Cake

This. Cake. Took. Forever!!!!  The hardest part for me was just trying to figure out how to get the legs and trunk to stay on.  I'm not a professional, and I don't know how to use PVC pipes and wood to create the skeleton for my cakes, so this was a huge challenge for me!!  It was really a very hard cake for me, but I have to say it was one of my most rewarding finished products!
 Look at that cute little elephant face!
 The one request for the elephant was that he have a green bow tie.  I added the vest because I thought it needed a little more color.  The birthday girl was so excited to see it and it made my day to see her and her mom so happy with it!

 The tusks and trunk were so fun!  Before I had them on the cake I kept saying I hated it because it just did't look right.  But once those were on it finally looked like an elephant.  Cute little wrinkly guy!
 The cute little tail.  Had to make sure you could see the wrinkles back there...
The funniest think about this cake was that I kept saying, "I'm never making another animal cake.  EVER AGAIN!"  But when I showed this cake on my Facebook account I had more than one person say they'd love this cake in the future....
Happy Birthday Jory!!  You are a beautiful girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment