Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Shabby Chic Wedding Cake

 I have to say, I love making wedding cakes when I get to just go with the 'ideas' of the bride and make something completely her own!  I used the bride's pinterest board of wedding ideas for this cake and it turned out amazingly!  The couple didn't want fondant and I loved doing just butter cream!

Each broach was handmade and completely edible minus the center gem in the darkest flower.  I love this little grouping!
 Sugar roses, pearls and gold belted broach.

 The groom is a high school track coach so of course he needed a golden running shoe!!  Gum paste laces added just the right touch!
 I really love making sugar roses!

 I was playing with taking pictures and this one almost has an ethereal feel to it!  The lighting was perfect!
 Natural sunlight for a different look
One more look at this cute cluster!  Congratulations Brittany and Matt!!!  What a gorgeous couple you are!

7 comments: