Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ninja Birthday Cake

I absolutely loved this cake!  I looked online for ideas and everything looked the same.  Then my hubby suggested the bonsai tree and the Japanese arch.  It was exactly what I needed for the cake to stand out!  Everything is edible, minus the wires holding up the little ninja stars.

 My favorite part?  The cute little ties coming off the back of the Ninja's head!
 Although, I really loved the bonsai tree as well!
Although it's not a 'karate' cake, making this cake really made me think of the movie Karate Kid!  I loved that movie and still do!  Happy birthday Kevin!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Did you use a pattern for the Torii Gate? What about the tree? Thanks, Caryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caryn! I just found pictures online that were basic and I looked at them as I cut out the shapes. The bonsai tree was cut out of modeling chocolate and the arch was gum paste with wooden skewers for support.

      Delete
  2. I am trying to find a ninja cake topper for my grandson whose birthday is Aug 16, 2021 and he is turning 6. He loves ninjas. Do you have a pattern for this or know of anyone that could make this topper for me? This is so cute. You did a beautiful job on this!

    ReplyDelete