Friday, September 13, 2013

Fun. graduation cupcakes

My sister recently graduated college and it's been a long time coming so there needed to be a significant celebration.  Since said sister is not the most 'social' of people a big, fancy, celebratory party was out of the question.  So what was the next best gift?!  Why, a surprise ticket to a Fun. concert with her big sister and best friend of course!
 So best friend and I got together via text messages and Facebook messages and we figured out a way to surprise this lucky sister of mine!  We didn't tell her I was even coming up to her house or about the concert.  We spent WEEKS trying to figure out her favorite flavor of cupcake (which was difficult in itself since she likes it all!)  And we agonized over keeping this all a secret from her!
 Her college colors are NOT red and gold, they are actually blue and white, but ewww, how boring!  And since this sister loves Iron Man then red and gold were the perfect solution!
 Peanut butter cake with mini Reese's peanut butter cups in the middle then topped with chunky peanut butter frosting and drizzled with melted dark chocolate.  DIVINE!!!
 And since she didn't know about the concert yet, this was how we told her when I surprised her on her porch with the cupcakes.  Her reaction was PRICELESS!!  She looked, then looked again at the cakes and said, "REALLY?!?!?!"
And so the three of us had a BLAST rocking it out at the concert!  Best friend and I got to surprise a wonderful person with a wonderful gift, we got to eat some yummy cake and spend some quality time together.  I even got to feel young again!  I think my 5 kids thought I was crazy when I told them about my behavior!
CONGRATS BECCA BOO!!!!!!!!  I LOVE YOU TONS!!!

3 comments: