Thursday, December 17, 2015

Adorable Minnie Mouse 'Christmas' Birthday Cake

Every once in a while I'll have a cake that just clicks in my mind.  So clearly that creating the decorations is a pure joy!  This would be one such cake.  This was made for an adorable little girl who just loves anything Minnie Mouse.  And I've been itching to make a Christmas cake for so long that it took very little effort to come up with the ideas for this cake!
 I drew my inspiration from a few different Christmas cards I found online.  That little 'ribbon' tree especially.  The lace and ribbons were card inspired as well.
 Minnie's got her little gifts all around her.  I cut squares out of modeling chocolate since it's nice and hard, then I 'wrapped' the presents in gum paste.  They turned out so fun!
 Little ribbon tree and candy canes all made out of gum paste.

 Hi, Minnie Mouse!!  You're looking quite festive!

 I think this is one of my all time favorite cakes.  Clean and smooth and simple.  And CHRISTMAS mixed with DISNEY!!!!  Can't go wrong there!
Happy Birthday, Reese, you adorable little girl!  I'm so glad I got to make your birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment